About Me

My photo
Follower of Jesus. Aspiring Nurse. YouTuber (lol). Blogger (lol). America's Best Shower singer. Ex-Religious. Ex-churchgirl. Ex-Pharisee.

Monday, June 29, 2009

Personal Revival Wave

I prophesy a personal wave of revival...

For the next 30 days I'm going to be spending an extra hour of prayer to get to a place of a sincere hunger and a thirst for God..... No, no, no, let me say it again, for myself (not even you, the reader)...I am asking God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, all of heaven to bring back to my life a HUNGER and a THIRST for God.... TO SALIVATE for God's return, for His Presence, for His DAILY BREAD.....  He is my GLUCOSE in the morning..... He is my FIBER that cleanses me.... He is my ENERGY. He is my All-in-all multivitamin, nutrition.... my women's one-a-day a pill. He is my LIFE.... 

I am asking all of HEAVEN to shake me up. To wake me up!!!! Wake me up!!!!!
O God, I renounce every time I've "snoozed the Holy Spirit" succumbing to flesh and slumbering in moments where you call me to action but instead I've turned away TO DO MY OWN THING e.g. watch tv, clean, talk to friends, be on facebook for a whole-dang hour, surf the internet getting NOWHERE, go shopping, start to cook food, feverishly read a book, when really I needed to obey your Holy Spirit assignments/call.  You  are better.

I repent for getting good at singing songs for you as my worship but not truly bowing every hour of the day to you. Oh God, I'm sorry.  May this confusion no longer continue.

Holy Spirit prune me for the next 30 days. Show me what things to CUT OFF.  
More importantly, HALLOW YOUR NAME in my life God. HALLOWED BE YOUR NAME in my mind, in my heart, in my money management, in my health and fitness, in the food I choose to eat, in my love life, in my friendships... If your name cannot or is not hallowed, give me the courage, strength and boldness to cut whatever activity/behavior/thought pattern off. 
I am a pilgrim in this world. My heart is set on pilgrimage and I won't stop. You won't relent...so I won't stop repenting. May your mercy be like overwhelming floodwaters buoying me to a surface of victory. I love your mercy and grace from your son, Jesus. No sacrifice of mine will ever come close to the one who gave His life... so I will bow. Surrender is such a holy conundrum, that I want to excel at. I will trust in you. Remembering your promises instead of the lie that says I will be dissatisfied, missing out, bewildered, unfulfilled, and left out.  YOU KNOW WHAT: God, you satisfy me.    Even as I ask to create in me a greater hunger, I know you will satiate. 

I am running,
         running after you.
You've become my souls delight.

.... I find you to be beautiful.

God prepare your church and I for your return.


1 comment:

  1. mmmmm goodness! JESUS COME hard in Gayon's life!! ...(mine's too) :-)

    ReplyDelete