About Me

My photo
Follower of Jesus. Aspiring Nurse. YouTuber (lol). Blogger (lol). America's Best Shower singer. Ex-Religious. Ex-churchgirl. Ex-Pharisee.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thinking about missions....

So I'm thinking about doing a mission trip.... aargh, herein lies the factors that hinder me: money, newly-offered job, time with family. I'm wanting to go during the Christmas break. But then, I'm thinking --- that'll be a great time to work; that'll be a great time to visit friends in Gainesville, and celebrate with family....but then, I'm like "dawg, the distractions don't change..." There will always be a desire to be around friends, family, loved ones, etc. Gee wiz, Batman, why is it soo hard to just do what your heart feels to do for God.

At any rate, preparing for a mission trip is no simple task. I must banish the idea that it is. It is a substantial sacrifice to some degree.... Money, time, prayer, distance from loved ones, are all apart of it. I want to do it; but again the proverbial question of life meets me again: Is this the right time for this?

Aarrggh. Yet I receive your peace Lord. Surpass my understanding again. I can't trust my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment