About Me

My photo
Follower of Jesus. Aspiring Nurse. YouTuber (lol). Blogger (lol). America's Best Shower singer. Ex-Religious. Ex-churchgirl. Ex-Pharisee.

Friday, October 2, 2009

I don't want to waste it...

I'm thinking one of the cultural sins of American Christians is the "settling down" effect that marriage, cars, a career, kids, retirement plans, etc. brings.... O God, be thou MY VISION!!!
Help me not to waste my life. Check out the second verse in Lecrae's rap at John Piper's church below. (Ofcourse, you can serve Jesus in all of the above capacities I listed above. Amen. Praise Jesus for the law of liberty, spirit of freedom, he afforded us in knowing/accepting His Truth. (Shout out to Marissa!) I simply like Lecrae's lyrics and impassioned cry for God's bride to not be stifled by "the cares of this world." Its one thing to be aware of your individual sin struggles; its another thing to be aware of the culture of our day, the tendency to just do the status quo (which I think Lecrae brings to light). We are to be serving the Lord at heart, in whatever we do.... the vantage point of his verses, help to strongly remind me not to be ambitious about "my kingdom": possessions, family, career i.e. temporary. But in those things, to give them to the Lord. To live is Christ. That in and of itself is hardcore. God did away with "easy" christianity when He said if you want to follow me, go crucify yourself and come. Yet, your yoke is easy and your burden is Light. I shall embrace all of you in time. Renew my mind, Amen.

(Oh yea, check out the dude in the choir bobbing his head... lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment