About Me

My photo
Follower of Jesus. Aspiring Nurse. YouTuber (lol). Blogger (lol). America's Best Shower singer. Ex-Religious. Ex-churchgirl. Ex-Pharisee.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just do it....no fo' real!!!

Imma do this thang.
Yep. I don't care what the devil, my flesh, the world, may think.
Imma do this thang!!!!

May my purse in heaven increase. (Lord, I know you see this).
Imma do this thang!

....recently took inventory of nonliquid savings, liquid savings, and day-to-day access checking account. I'm coming to terms with myself: I am not financially with-it. Just not.
But you know what: Can't nobody take my pride, can't nobody hold me down...oh no, i gotta keep on moving.... Only I'm not P.Diddy..... I'm sold out to Jesus; and I'm realizing that if I want to aggressively walk by faith, towards my calling, considering others ABOVE myself....yep, its going to come WITH DIFFICULTY. any movement AGAINST my flesh, my pride of life, will come with some resistance.
But YOU KNOW WHAT!!!!: If I have to get ghetto in the Lord (that's vernacular for righteously indignant), to die to my flesh, SO BE IT.

I die to myself today (this is probably the umpteenth funeral for myself these past 5 years).
I died to my selfish dreams 5 years ago.
But I notice my quiet gropings to take what God gives me (money, my talent, my time, my friends, etc.) and spend them on myself....to enhance self instead of God's kingdom.

....but then I hear Him, he who is not with me is against me; and he who doesn't gather with me scatters.....

So I'm trying/training to BE WITH GOD in tangible/concrete ways. To really invest in His kingdom: from my thoughts to my money, to the methods I choose to do what I do. (feel me?)

....And I realize, I just can't live like other people. I'm convicted (and mess up alot too).
The Lover of my soul, offers the best benefits. The Father whom I've come to know so dearly is also LORD. Hold up, mek mi say it agen. He is LORD.
I am employed in an eternal family Business in which Daddy is LORD and JUDGE.

Sobers me up in a quickness.
The lover of my soul has been whispering sweet somethings in my ear lately:

....that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes... For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

Yep. He is jealous for me, loves like a hurricane....
O He loves Us,
O how He loves us,
O how He loves us.....

Y
ep. I've received His love.
I will obey.

Imma do that thang, in Jesus' name.

God purify me.


2 comments:

  1. Uh oh! 2 new posts in one day!!!

    Get it! You better get that blog thang! LOL!

    Man! I'm doing inventory myself... looking at the compromises we make with finances is always sobering. Because no matter how much we worship with our lips, public life, and even our audacious prayers.... the FINANCES NEVER LIE! Your money trail always reveals the true object(s) of your worship... no matter how much we rationalize it.

    BUT, thank the Lord... GOD IS GOOD. And He disciplines those he loves. I push on towards him so his fiery love continues to burn off everything not grounded in love as I grow more intimate with Him.

    Be encouraged boo! Do this thang!
    God will have no shallow love.

    ReplyDelete